So here is how I see myself now:
I am a 23-year-old, single mom of an almost 6-year-old daughter, who is still in school (University level) seeking a Sports Marketing and Media at one University and a Journalism degree at another.
But this is not what I want to do!
I want to be an all-around event and activities planner, coordinator, director, whatever!
I want to plan events! I love the planning process of developing a budget, gathering resources and assets to make an event work, getting people to come out and have fun, promoting with different medias, THE WORKS!
I want to plan birthday parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, anniversaries,
I love it. I really want to be the next David Tutera of events! (I love him, and what he does for people, and how he handles things on camera and his baby girl is so precious-I keep up with the show!)
But my tragedy is me being worried that I don’t think I could have a comfortable family life (me, married with one more child-only 2 kids 🙂 ) with being an event planner.
But I don’t want to settle in something that I’m not happy with! Yeah, Journalism gets me all excited, sometimes, and so does the marketing aspect but event planning, whooo…keeps excited all the time!
I don’t know what to do….*sighs*
- Planning Events Requires Teamwork-That Means You Too Suppliers (plananevent.org)
- Event planning company is helpful for success of event (eventmanagement01.wordpress.com)
- Event Planning & Management – Week 6 (jodyrowe.wordpress.com)
- What Is An Event Planner (madison21994.wordpress.com)
- What Is An Event Planner? (madison21994.wordpress.com)